On April 6, 2012, Frank Iero announced the birth of his son via Twitter.
The guitarist had begun a public 13-day countdown (details below), which culminated in the surprising announcement of his third child's (he also has twin daughters) birth.
"Thanks for all the congrats & well wishes! Mommy & baby are well. Miles spent his first day alive consistently pissed & devilishly handsome."Iero said.
ORIGINAL POST: March 28, 2012 @ 7:48 p.m.
"*" indicates information that has been edited or added since the original post
"13days", leading fans to wonder: "13 days until what, exactly?!"
As if that didn't spark enough confusion, the countdown has continued:
11. iiLos Eleven!!
10. Decem #Latin
9. *Q: Is today the day? A: Nein!!! #9daysleft
7. *Ah farts! I think i messed up the count.. Anyway 1 week from today!!! #DamnitJimImAMusicianNotAMathematician #7days #NextFridayIsTheBigDay
6. *Sicks brah !!!!!! #number #broculture #6 #NotQuiteTheNumberOfTheBeast
5. *Five! Im so excited i could puke.
4 *Four Score. Four Horseman. and Four Days Left.
1. *1full day and a few hours!!! (nervous, excited, cant wait to meet you) (at 12:07 p.m. EST, so we can assume roughly 3 or 4 p.m.?)
The countdown to who-knows-what, provided it continues, is set to end on April 7 *(Actually April 6; as, Frank later admitted he miscalculated), which happens to be *3 days before MCR vocalist Gerard Way's birthday.
From recent photographic evidence, fans are well-aware that the band is back in the studio, leading to questions of: is this countdown leading to a song preview or something from the studio? Or, perhaps, is it a countdown to the building of the studio's completion? Is it something more personal?
Knowing Frank can be a bit of a prankster, some are also wondering if it is a countdown leading to absolutely nothing that is just there to cause a humorous reaction.
What do you think?